'I'm no criminal!' Costa blasts Chelsea (14 August 2017 05:46)
Chelsea striker Costa parties in Atletico shirt and mocks Conte (17 July 2017 03:08)
Diego Costa transfer to Milan not ruled out by Mendes after Silva signs (12 June 2017 11:58)
Date: 20 January 2017 08:53
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte believes Diego Costa wants to stay at Stamford Bridge as he prepares to welcome the striker back into his matchday squad.
The Spain international missed Saturday's win over Leicester City following a training ground bust-up with Conte, with reports suggesting Costa's head had been turned by an offer from Chinese Super League outfit Tianjin Quanjin.
Conte, however, insists a back injury was the reason for his top scorer's absence at the King Power Stadium, and has confirmed the injury has cleared up ahead of Sunday's clash with Hull City.
And the Italian also claimed that the forward will not be leaving the club anytime in the near future.
Speaking at a press conference, the former Juventus boss said: "I think the player wants to stay at Chelsea. He is happy to play with us. This idea [China] is far from his mind.
"I read a lot of speculation about Diego but right now the most important thing is he trained with us & doesn't have pain."
Costa's return is set to give the Premier League leaders a boost as they host the Tigers, though Conte would not reveal whether the former Atletico Madrid star would start.
"We'll see. I don't want to give an advantage to our opponent," he said when asked about how much of a role Costa would have this weekend.